The field of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has been widely researched over many years.
In this section of our website, we have presented a number of peer reviewed articles relating HBOT to a number of conditions and diagnoses. This list represents only a fraction of available material and we invite readers to forward us links to any other papers of interest which we will happily add to our site.
In addition, there are many clinical trials of HBOT underway at any given time. This link is a very good resource for existing or upcoming HBOT clinical trials.
Our company identifies the extraordinary benefits HBOT delivers, particularly as an adjunctive therapy used in conjunction with other medicines and treatments.
We also refer to the following seminal publication by the renown K.K. Jain, The Textbook of Hyperbaric Medicine as an excellent source of information.
Click on the links below to discover more information about the benefits of HBOT:
- Arterial Gas Embolism
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Central retinal artery occlusion
- Clostridial Myositis and Myonecrosis (gas gangrene)
- Compromised Skin Grafts and Flaps
- Crush injury and other acute traumatic ischaemias
- Delayed radiation injury to soft tissue and bone (radionecrosis)
- Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Intracranial Abscess
- Necrotizing soft tissue infection
- Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Thermal Burns